e-con Systems Inc., a leading camera solutions company, today announced the launch of See3CAM_CU55M, a 5 MP Monochrome USB 3.1 Gen 1 SuperSpeed Camera. With a 1/2.5” AR0521 CMOS image sensor from ON Semiconductor, backed by 2.2μm x 2.2μm pixel BSI technology, this camera produces monochrome images of exceptional quality.
See3CAM_CU55M includes a high level of SNR, which guarantees low noise in all conditions. Its Near Infrared (NIR) responsivity ensures amazing image quality in a variety of lighting conditions. See3CAM_CU55M also comes with HD video playback that provides disruption-free streaming capabilities. It is a perfect fit for industries such as Iris and Biometric Authentication, Digital Microscopy, Biomedical Diagnostic Equipment, Barcode Recognition and others.
“See3CAM_CU55M is e-con’s monochrome counterpart of its successful See3CAM_CU55 camera and it generates excellent images in both visible and Near Infra-red regions”, said Mr. Ashok Babu, President of e-con Systems Inc. “With its low noise and excellent image quality, this will be an ideal camera for applications such as iris recognition, NIR imaging, driver monitoring, digital microscopy etc.,” he added.
The latest Monochrome member of the See3CAM family of USB 3.1 Gen 1 SuperSpeed camera products also comes with S-mount lens holder and a reversible plug and play Type-C connector interface. Supported by native UVC drivers of Windows and Linux Operating Systems (OS), it is a UVC compliant camera and does not require any drivers to be installed on the PC.
- Houses e-CAM56_CUMI0521_MOD – 5.0 MP AR0521 Monochrome Camera Module
- Fixed Focus with M12 lens holder
- Electronic Rolling Shutter
- Output format: Y8 (8 bits/pixel) and Y12 (12 bits/pixel)
- Plug-and-Play setup (UVC compliant) for Windows 8.1/10 (both 32-bit and 64-bit) and Linux (ubuntu 14.04, 16.04 & 18.04)
- Supported OS – Windows 8.1/10 (both 32-bit and 64-bit) and Linux (ubuntu 14.04, 16.04 & 18.04)
- USB3.1 Gen1 device with Type C reversible interface connector
- Operating Voltage : 5V +/- 5%, Current – 235mA
- Operating Temperature Range * : -30°C to 70°C (ambient temperature)
- Power requirements:
- Max : 1.175W
- Min : 0.780W
- 10 pin GPIO Header
- Support for External Hardware Trigger Input
- Size in mm (L x W x H) – 30 x 30 x 30.2 mm (without lens)
- Board Weight – 13.5 Grams (with out lens)
21.5 Grams (with lens)
- RoHS compliant
- Lightweight, versatile, and portable two-board solution
- Unique ID for each camera
- Launched on: 18 Sept 2019