LT8714 – Bipolar Output Synchronous Controller with Seamless Four Quadrant Operation
- Bipolar Output Cleanly Transitions Through 0V
- Output Can Source or Sink Current for Any Output Voltage
- CTRL Pin Externally Sets Output Voltage
- Wide Input Range: 4.5V to 80V
- Power Good Indication Pin (PG)
- Switching Frequency Up to 750kHz
- Can Be Synchronized to an External Clock
- High Gain EN Pin Accepts Slowly Varying Input Signals
- 20-Lead TSSOP Exposed Pad Package
The LT®8714 is a synchronous PWM DC/DC controller designed for a four quadrant output converter. The output voltage cleanly transitions through zero volts with sourcing and sinking output current capability.
The LT8714 is ideal for regulating to positive, negative, or zero volts when configured for the novel four quadrant topology. Applications include four quadrant power supplies, high power bidirectional current sources, active loads, and high power, low frequency signal amplification. In addition, the LT8714 incorporates a power good feature to let the user know if VOUT is above or below its target regulation voltage.
The LT8714’s switching frequency range can be programmed between 100kHz and 750kHz via a resistor from the RT pin to GND. A SYNC pin is also provided if the user would like to synchronize the part to an external clock. Additional features such as current limiting and soft-start are included. The LT8714 is available in a 20‑lead TSSOP package.
- Four Quadrant Power Supplies
- Bidirectional Current Sources
- High Power, Low Frequency Signal Amplification
- Test and Measurement
- Electronic Window Tinting
Current Project / Post can also be found using:
- bipolar power supply 1 controller