history data ST has RFID tag for product service
The LRIS64K is a contactless memory powered by the received carrier electromagnetic wave, which follows the ISO/IEC 15693 and ISO/IEC 18000-3 mode 1 recommendation for radio-frequency power and signal interface. It is a 64 Kbit electrically erasable programmable memory (EEPROM). The memory is organized as 64 sectors divided into 32 blocks of 32 bits.
The LRIS64K is accessed via the 13.56 MHz carrier electromagnetic wave, on which incoming data are demodulated from the received signal amplitude modulation (ASK: amplitude shift keying). The received ASK wave is 10% or 100% modulated with a data rate of 1.6 Kbit/s using the 1/256 pulse coding mode, or a data rate of 26 Kbit/s using the 1/4 pulse coding mode. Outgoing data are generated by the LRIS64K load variation using Manchester coding with one or two subcarrier frequencies at 423 kHz and 484 kHz. Data are transferred from the LRIS64K at 6.6 Kbit/s in low data rate mode and 26 Kbit/s in high data rate mode. The LRIS64K supports the 53 Kbit/s data rate in high data rate mode with a single subcarrier frequency of 423 kHz.
The LRIS64K also features a unique 32-bit multi-password protection scheme.
- Based on ISO/IEC 15693 and ISO/IEC 18000-3 mode 1 standards
- 13.56 MHz ±7 kHz carrier frequency
- To tag: 10% or 100% ASK modulation using 1/4 (26 Kbit/s) or 1/256 (1.6 Kbit/s) pulse position coding
- From tag: load modulation using Manchester coding with 423 kHz and 484 kHz subcarriers in low (6.6 Kbit/s) or high (26 Kbit/s) data rate mode. Supports the 53 Kbit/s data rate with Fast commands
- Internal tuning capacitor (27.5 pF)
- More than 1 million write cycles
- More than 40-year data retention
- 64 Kbit EEPROM organized into 2048 blocks of 32 bits
- 64-bit unique identifier (UID)
- Multipassword protection
- Read Block & Write (32-bit blocks)
- Write time: 5.75 ms including the internal verify
An RFID device from STMicroelectronics is likely to allow service engineers to download maintenance information from equipment such as medical systems and in-car controllers.
The LRiS64K, combines radio tagging (RFID) circuitry with a 64kbit non-volatile EEPROM capable of storing data, such as initial manufacturer details and complete records of repairs or upgrades.
Engineers servicing equipment such as medical devices, industrial equipment, automotive controllers or avionics modules containing an LRiS64K can access important unit-specific information held directly on the device, by using a standard RFID reader.
A unit’s service history can be updated in the LRiS64K memory for access during subsequent inspection or servicing.
The LRiS64K is a long-range 13.56MHz device, based on the international ISO 15693 and ISO 18000-3 mode 1 standards for RFID devices and capable of co-existing with other devices within range.
Its integrated tuning capacitor simplifies connection to an external antenna. The memory can retain data for more than 40 years and withstand more than one million write/erase cycles.
For more read: history data ST has RFID tag for product service
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 + 2 days Lead Time
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 300,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Per Day
Inside a huge PCB factory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XCznQFV-Mw