GSM Based Digital Wireless Notice Board Using PIC16F877A Microcontroller
Are you looking for Final year Electronics Engineering Project? Here CircuitsGallery presents GSM based electronics and telecommunication engineering projects for students. You can submit this as your academic project. Our project is nothing but a GSM based notice board using PIC that is capable of displaying SMS received by it. You can specify what content that you would like to display on the noticeboard by the SMS. The main component of the GSM Notice board is PIC16F877A, received message is displayed on the LCD display which will update automatically when next SMS is received, it has audio indicator to inform that SMS is received. This is an intelligent noticeboard intended as electronics engineering projects for final year students.
Definitely electronics change our life and this one is the best examples for that. Now let’s begin the technical steps to be carried out for building this GSM Notice board using PIC16F877A.
Components Required for GSM Notice Board Using PIC Microcontroller
- Transistor BC548
- Resistor (1KΩ, 10KΩ)
- POT (10K)
- Capacitor (33pfx2, 10µF)
- Crystal (11.0592MHz)
- LCD 16×2
- GSM Modem
- Push button
Working of GSM Notice Board
- GSM Modem is used to receive SMS, which is controlled by PIC.
- When the system is ON then PIC will initialize GSM, by sending commands to make the modem in text mode.
- Same time it controls display which is connected on PORTB in 4 bit mode.
- LCD display shows “GSM is initializing“, after initialization it show “Waiting for SMS“.
- After detecting CMT it waits to receive ‘$’, I used ‘$’ sign to indicate starting of the message that is to be displayed on the notice board, because GSM modem sends more data which includes received message time, sender number etc. like CMT:[Mob No]:[Time]:[Message].
- For our simplicity I used ‘$’ to enclose the message so our message will be [$ Message content $]. PIC will filter them between two ‘$’ signs.
- The default infinite loop will break only when ‘$’ sign is received, after receiving ‘$’ it stores the content of the message on the array named as INFO.
Current Project / Post can also be found using:
- GSM based automatic notice board with PIC and LED display
- pic for wireless notice board
- GSM based digital wireless board notice using PIC 16F877A microcontroller
- Gsm based notice board using pic 16f877a