List of the materials I used to make Hand Dynamometer :
1) Hand Exerciser from Amazon – 1 pc
2) Flex Sensor 2.2″ from Amazon – 1pc
3) Some cable ties
5) Plastic holder for IC chip.
6) Super glue
7) Double sided tape
Step 1: Get the right size Flex sensor.
Bought the Flex Sensor 2.2″ from Amazon, which can fit nicely around the circumference of the metal spring on the Hand Exerciser.
Step 2: Solder the terminals
Solder the wire to the Flex Sensor 2.2″ using the plier to hold the sensor down.
While soldering please be careful not to soldered directly on the mica sheet
Step 3: Making the backing material for the flex sensor terminals
The Flex Sensor 2.2″ is fragile at the terminal part. So to strengthen it, I cut out some plastic piece from a plastic IC shipping tube.
– You will then glue the flex sensor on to the plastic piece just little over the label on the flex sensor. The flex sensor label should face down as shown on the picture.
Hot glued the terminals to insulate it as well as to provide extra protection.
– Use a pen knife to level the hot glue before it solidified.
– Trim off the excess plastic with a scissor.
For more detail: DIY Microcontroller – Hand Dynamometer