Analog Devices’ ADG5401F Fault Protection,10 Ω Ron, SPST Switch With 1 KΩ Feedback Channel
ADI’s ADG5401F is a single-pole/single-throw (SPST) low on-resistance switch that features overvoltage protection, power-off protection, and overvoltage detection on the source pin. The ADG5401F also features a protected feedback channel for use with digital to analog converter or amplifier outputs.
When no power supplies are present, the switch remains in the off condition, and the switch inputs are high impedance. When powered, if the analog input signal levels on the S pin exceed VDD or VSS by a threshold voltage (VT), the switch turns off, the normally high fault flag (FF) pin drops to a logic low, and a high resistance path between D and DFB is switched on to prevent an open-loop condition on an amplifier output. Input signal levels up to +60 V or -60 V relative to ground are blocked in both the powered and unpowered condition. The selectable POC function allows the protected switch terminal, S, to be driven to GND to prevent glitches on the output. The switch turns on with a Logic 1 input and conducts equally well in both directions. The digital input is compatible with 1.8 V logic inputs over the full operating supply range.
- 3 mm x 2 mm LFCSP analog I/O protection and detection solution
- Overvoltage protection up to ±60 V on source pins
- Power-off protection up to ±60 V on source pins
- Overvoltage detection on source pins
- Integrated 1 kΩ feedback loop for outputs
- Fault propagation eliminated from supply/signal path
- No current shunted to supplies during fault condition
- Removes fault power dissipation
- Known and stable output under all conditions
- User enabled power-on condition pulls source to 0 V
- Known state without digital inputs present
Read more: ADG5401F SPST SWITCH HAS LOW ON RESISTANCE