Low Cost Solar Lighting Controller
Solar Lighting Controller based on PIC12F675 micro controller to be used with a Solar Panel, Battery and a LED 12V Light, it has built with affordable materials and its ready to use, just plug your devices and its done, this controller will function by itself with no need to turn on or turn off the LED Light or press a button for starting to charge its battery due to its program to do it autonomously.
- 1-1K ¼ Watt Resistor
- 4-2,2K ¼ Watt Resistor
- 2-4,7K ¼ Watt Resistor
- 5- 10K ¼ Watt Resistor
- 1- 3,3K ¼ Watt Resistor
- 1-50K Trimming Potentiometer
- 3-100nF (0,1uF) Capacitors
- 2-22nF 25V Capacitors
- 2-MBR1660 Schottky Barrier Rectifier
- 4- Green LED Diodes
- 2-BC547 Transistors
- 2-IFR5305 MOSFET
- 1-PIC12F675 Microcontroller
- 1-7805 Voltage Regulator
- 1- 8 Pin Base
- 1- Aluminum Heatsink
- 5- Insulation Composite TO-220 with M3 Screw Insulation Cap TO-220
- 3- Terminal Wire Connectors
- 3-20mm PCB Fuse Holders
- 3-20mm 5 Amp Fuses
- 1- PCB Board (4.3” x 4.3”) or 2 830 Points Protoboard
- 5”- of Solid Core Wire (Red) for PCB Board or 4mts of Solid Core Wire for Protoboard (Black and Red, 4mts p/color)
- Couche Paper (1 or 2 sheets).
- 1- Electric Wire Cutter
- 1- Electrical Pliers
- 1- Soldering Iron
- 1- Soldering Flux
- 1- Soldering Tin
- 1- Solder Sucker
- 1- PCB Drill
- 2- Screwdrivers (Plus and Plane)
- 1- Iron
- 1- Used Cloth
- 1- Plastic Recipient (for PCB Board)
- 1- Ferric chloride Acid for PCB
- Stainless Steel Scouring Pad
- Some Water
Software and Hardware:
- PICkit 2
- MikroC (Only if you want to modify some code)
- Microcontroller Programmer
Step 2: Circuit Diagram
The very first step you need to do it’s look at the circuit diagram, this is the way you will connect your components to function properly. If you are using just a protoboard with some wires just peel some strings and connect. But if you are using a PCB Board go to the next step. I put some datasheets from the less common components to make it easy for you.
If you´ve decided to make a PCB Board follow this step, to get this complete, we need to do 5 things:
- The first thing is print the circuit, don’t worry I attached a PDF file with it, you must print it in a Couche sheet.
- The second thing is iron the circuit into the PCB Board, just put the Couche paper into the copper side of the PCB Board and adjust to fit properly, when you see that circuit’s tracks are sticking to the PCB Board correctly just stop ironing it and put the PCB Board in some water to clean the PCB Board.
- After cleaning the PCB Board, put some Ferric Chloride Acid into a plastic recipient with some water, and immerse PCB Board, Ferric Chloride Acid must cover all the surface of the board.
- When you only see the circuit’s tracks on the PCB Board remove it from Ferric Chloride Acid, clean the board with some water and sand it with a stainless-steel scouring pad
- Finally, you just have to drill the component´s holes.
For more detail: Low Cost Solar Lighting Controller
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 + 2 days Lead Time
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 300,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Per Day
Inside a huge PCB factory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XCznQFV-Mw