OPENEMBED RELEASES EM3399 ROCKCHIP RK3399 SOM PLUS AN EVALUATION KIT
If you are still on the lookout for a system-on-module based on Rockchip RK3399, then another SoM to put for consideration is the OpenEmbed em3399. OpenEmbed has launched their first system-on-module referred to as the em3399 SoM board and even comes with an optional “emPAC-RK3399-EVB” evaluation board.
The em3399 SoM supports 2GB to 4GB DDR3L RAM and 16GB to 128GB eMMC 5.1. It provides support for HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2, MIPI-DSI (dual-channel) and eDP 1.3 display interfaces. It comes with a 2x MIPI-CSI camera interface, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, USB type C, USB 2.0, SPi, i2C, GPIO and several others.
The following are some of the specifications of the OpenEmbed em3399:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3399 hexa-core processor with 2x Cortex-A72 cores, 4x Cortex-A53 cores, and an Arm Mali-T860MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB or 4GB DDR3L RAM
- Storage – 16GB to 128GB eMMC 5.1 flash
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet transceiver (Atheros AR8033)
- Power Management – Rockchip RK808D PMIC
- 2x 120-pin board-to-board connectors (0.8mm pitch)
- Camera – 2x MIPI-CSI (up to 13MP or dual 8MP); VOP (up to 5MP)
- Audio – S/PDIF output, 8-channel I2S, HDMI and DP
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 host ports or 2x USB type C, 2x USB 2.0 host
- 1x PCI-e x1
- 5x SPI, 8x I2C, 100+ GPIOs
- HDMI 2.0 port with audio for up to 4K @ 60Hz
- DisplayPort 1.2 with audio for up to 4K @ 60Hz
- MIPI-DSI (dual-channel) at up to 2560×1600 @ 60 Hz
- eDP 1.3 (4-lane)
- Dimensions – 84 x 55 mm
he emPAC-RK3399-EVB evaluation board has the same footprint as the em3399 SoM and stacks on top of the module via a dual 120-pin connector. The em3399 SoM is layered between the carrier board on top and also a heatsink on the bottom.
The emPAC-RK3399-EVB development board extends the em3399 with single a Gigabyte Ethernet port, USB 3.0, and USB Type-C ports, as well as dual USB 2.0 ports. It also extends out the HDMI 2.0 port, an audio jack, and MIPI-CSI and eDP connectors. A Wireless WiFi/Bluetooth module is available, and 20 GPIO pins have been extended out as well.