DA VINCI COLOR, THE FIRST FULL COLOR 3D PRINTER
3D Printing became an important process in prototyping, and sometimes in manufacturing. But till now, the filament types available in the market are limiting printing colors. Although there are many multi color printers, printing a design in full color is still a dream.
XYZprinting has announced its da Vinci Color printer, the world’s first full color 3D printer. In fact, the printer combines inkjet techniques with Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF). It uses ink cartridges to drop pigment onto each layer of plastic filament as it prints.
da Vinci Color Specification
- Build volume: 200 x 200 x 150 mm
- Layer resolution: 100-400 microns (0.1-0.4 mm)
- Filament material: 3D Color-inkjet PLA / PLA / Tough PLA / PETG
- Ink type: Separate ink cartridge (CMYK)
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm
- Print bed: EZ-removable print bed (non-heated)
- Print bed leveling: Auto-leveling
- XYZ position precision: X/Y 12.5 micron, Z 4 micron
- Build speed: Average: 30-60 mm/sec, Max: 120mm /sec
- Print head travel speed: 30 – 300 mm/s
- Host software: XYZmaker
- File type: AMF, PLY, OBJ, STL, 3CP
- Power requirements: 100-240 V, 50-60 HZ
- Connectivity: WiFi, USB 2.0 port
- Operating temperature: 15-30℃
Fortunately, the printing base area of 20 x 20 x 15 cm provides a large build volume in a relatively small housing. The machine prints at an average resolution of 100-400 microns, so the lines where two colors meet can get a little blurry when viewed up close, but the output is generally pretty impressive. It’s basically an ink jet printer that outputs in 3D, so the results aren’t quite as sharp as a professional production job.
In addition, the software is easy to use and supports most common 3D file formats, amf, ply, obj, stl, and 3cp. Users of any age can download designs and add colors, or create their own colored prototypes from scratch. Thus, with an embedded color touch screen, users can control the printer and do some setting easily, such as connecting to the home wireless network. Also, da Vinci Color has many sensors that indicate broken material during the printing process, allowing users to save time and filament.
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 (For Any Color)
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 600,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Daily
How to Get PCB Cash Coupon from JLCPCB: https://bit.ly/2GMCH9w