The Broadcom® AFBR-S4N33C013 is a single silicon photomultiplier (SiPM) used for ultra-sensitive precision measurement of single photons. The active area is 3.0 × 3.0 mm2.
The high packing density of the single chips is achieved using through-silicon-via (TSV) technology and a chip-sized package (CSP). Larger areas can be covered by tiling multiple AFBR-S4N33C013 CSPs almost without any edge losses. The protective layer is made by a glass highly transparent down to UV wavelengths, resulting in a broad response in the visible light spectrum with high sensitivity towards blue- and near-UV region of the light spectrum.
The AFBR-S4N33C013 SiPM is best suited for the detection of low-level pulsed light sources, especially for the detection of Cherenkov- or scintillation light from the most common organic (plastic) and inorganic scintillator materials (for example, LSO, LYSO, BGO, NaI, CsI, BaF, LaBr). This product is lead-free and compliant with RoHS.
- High PDE of more than 54% at 420 nm
- Chip-sized package (CSP)
- Excellent SPTR and CRT
- Excellent uniformity of breakdown voltage, 180 mV (3 sigma)
- Excellent uniformity of gain
- With TSV technology (4-side tileable), with high fill factors
- Size 3.14 × 3.14 mm2
- Cell pitch 30 × 30 μm2
- A highly transparent glass protection layer
- Operating temperature range from –40 °C to +85 °C
- RoHS and REACH compliant