Maxim adds mosfets to ‘smallest’ DC-DC converter
Create a design and simulate using EE-Sim: [MAX15058]
The MAX15058 high-efficiency, current-mode, synchronous step-down switching regulator with integrated power switches delivers up to 3A of output current. The device operates from 2.7V to 5.5V and provides an output voltage from 0.6V up to 94% of the input voltage, making the device ideal for distributed power systems, portable devices, and preregulation applications.
The MAX15058 utilizes a current-mode control architecture with a high-gain transconductance error amplifier. The current-mode control architecture facilitates easy compensation design and ensures cycle-by-cycle current limit with fast response to line and load transients.
The MAX15058 offers selectable skip-mode functionality to reduce current consumption and achieve a higher efficiency at light output load. The low RDS(ON) integrated switches ensure high efficiency at heavy loads while minimizing critical inductances, making the layout design a much simpler task with respect to discrete solutions. Utilizing a simple layout and footprint assures first-pass success in new designs.
The MAX15058 features a 1MHz, factory-trimmed, fixed-frequency PWM mode operation. The high switching frequency, along with the PWM current-mode architecture, allows for a compact, all-ceramic capacitor design.
- Internal 30mΩ (typ) RDS(ON) High-Side and 18mΩ (typ) Low-Side MOSFETs at 5V
- Continuous 3A Output Current Over Temperature
- 95% Efficiency with 3.3V Output at 3A
- 1% Output Voltage Accuracy Over Load, Line, and Temperature
- Operates from 2.7V to 5.5V Supply
- Cycle-by-Cycle Overcurrent Protection
- Adjustable Output from 0.6V to Up to 0.94 x VIN
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Factory-Trimmed, 1MHz Switching Frequency
- Stable with Low-ESR Ceramic Output Capacitors
- Safe-Startup Into Prebiased Output
- External Reference Input
- Skip-Mode Functionality
- Enable Input/Power-Good Output
- Fully Protected Against Overcurrent and Overtemperature
- Input Undervoltage Lockout
Maxim claims to have designed the smallest current-mode, synchronous DC-DC converter capable of delivering up to 18A of output current.
The DC-DC regulator integrates the mosfets in a wafer-level package measuring just 2mm x 3.5mm.
The converter can operate in fixed pulse-width modulation (PWM) mode or configured for pulse-skip mode, which means it can cut power during light load conditions.
There are four converters in the range – MAX15058/MAX15108/MAX15112/MAX15118 operate from a 2.7V to 5.5V input voltage with output current of 3, 8, 12, and 18A, respectively. They are designed to provide ±1% output-voltage accuracy over load, line, and temperature.
For more read: Maxim adds mosfets to ‘smallest’ DC-DC converter
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 + 2 days Lead Time
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 300,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Per Day
Inside a huge PCB factory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XCznQFV-Mw
Current Project / Post can also be found using:
- skema pemancar fm c1909
- ac motor speed control with sound
- big led watch circuit diagram
- How to connect com1 to 16f628 programmer kit