DC Motor Driver using L293D
This project is a DC motor driver, suitable for motors that of low or medium power.
Allows controlling up to 6 motors or 3 motors if you want to control the rotation of the motors.
The controller is build around the IC L293D that can provide 600mA per channel, and a H-Bridge designed with transistors NPN and PNP transistors, than can provide 1.15A per channel.
The controller has the following connections:
- INPUTS (A, B, C, D ,E, F). These are receiving the analog or digital signals that can be sent for example, from a microcontroller.
- ENABLE (E1-2, E3-4). These activate the inputs from the L293D. The supply voltage can’t be higher than 7V.
- OUTPUTS (+M1, -M1, +M2, -M2, +M3, -M3). Here is where the motors should be connected.
- +9-12V. Here’s where is connected a supply voltage that will give power to the motors. This input, gives voltage in the L293D and the H-Bridge, the supplied voltage have to be 36V max, but for the H-Bridge it’s recommendable to use 24V max. (In case you want to use only the L293D, you can remove the jumper).
- +5V. This input receive the logic supply voltage for the L293D. You can connect a supply voltage higher than 5V because this input it’s connected to a voltage regulator (LM7805), but you not must to exceed 30V.
For more detail: DC Motor Driver using L293D
EasyEDA: Ideas for Circuit Design, Innovation for Electronics Access
Free Circuit Design: Schematic – Simulation – PCB Layout – Gerber Viewer
Cheapest PCB Prototype: Only $2 for 10pcs 10×10cm PCBs, 24 hours Quick Turn, DHL Delivery in 3 Days
Current Project / Post can also be found using:
- E3 4 DC servo motor