The NCID9211 is part of a family of galvanically digital isolators that use ON Semiconductor’s patented off-chip capacitor isolation technology
The NCID9211 is part of a family of galvanically digital isolators that use ON Semiconductor’s patented off-chip capacitor isolation technology. These isolators support digital communication between systems without conducting ground loops or hazardous voltages.
Their capactive ceramic substrate construction offers ~25 times the thickness of thin film on-chip capacitors and coreless transformers, resulting in electrical performance benefits traditionally offered by optocouplers but exceeding optocouplers in speed, common mode transient immunity as well as temperature and lifetime performance.
- Digital Isolator Matching Insulation Reliability of Optocouplers (DTI ≥ 0.5 mm)
- High Speed, No Insulation Material Wear Over Time and No Degradation
- 8 mm Clearance and Creepage, SO16 Wide Body Package
- Safety and Regulatory Approvals, AEC−Q100 Qualified
- Digital Isolator matching insulation reliability of optocouplers
- Full Duplex, Bi−directional communication
- DTI (Distance Through Insulation): ≥ 0.5 mm
- 8 mm creepage and clearance distance to achieve reliable HV insulation.
- SO16 wide body package
- Maximum working insulation voltage: 2000 V peak
- Minimum common-mode rejection: 100 kV/µs
- High Speed:
- Data rate (NRZ): 50 Mbps
- Propagation delay: 25 ns max.
- Pulse width distortion: 10 ns max.
- Specifications guaranteed over 2.5 to 5.5 V supply voltage and −40 to +125 °C extended temperature range
- No insulation material wear out over time, no degradation, consistent device-to-device performance
- Overtemperature detection
- Output Enable function
- Safety and regulatory approvals (Pending)
- AEC−Q100 qualified: NCIV9211 (Pending)