CompuLab introduces IOT-GATE-iMX8 – a low cost, industrial IoT gateway, offering exceptional connectivity and versatility in a miniature, rugged housing. Built around CompuLab’s UCM-iMX8M-Mini System-on-Module, IOT-GATE-iMX8 features the NXP i.MX8M Mini SoC coupled with up-to 4GB RAM and 128GB storage.
Targeting industrial control and monitoring applications, IOT-GATE-iMX8 delivers an assortment of wireless and wired interfaces required in typical IoT systems:
- Built-in LTE modem and GNSS
- WiFi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.1
- 2x Ethernet, up-to 3x RS485 / RS232 ports
- 3x USB, 2x CAN-FD, digital I/O
Optimized For Industrial Deployment
IOT-GATE-iMX8 is specifically designed to address the requirements of IoT integration in industrial environments:
- Operation in wide temperature range of -40C to 80C
- Shock, vibration, dust and humidity resistance
- Wide input voltage range of 8V to 36V
- Isolated industrial interfaces (CAN, RS485, digital I/O)
- DIN-rail and wall / VESA mounting
Modular And Customizable
Each IoT project presents different connectivity requirements that cannot be addressed with a single hardware configuration. IOT-GATE-iMX8’s highly modular design provides a wide range of different I/O combinations:
- 2x mini-PCIe sockets and 4x antennae connectors for wireless modules (WiFi, Bluetooth, cellular, LoRa etc.)
- Built-in I/O modules support any combination of up-to 2x CAN-FD / RS485 / RS232 ports and digital I/O
- Optional, secondary eMMC module for extra capacity or storage redundancy
IOT-GATE-iMX8 functionality can be extended even further with custom, application specific I/O expansion boards. In addition, customers that require a radically customized form-factor or functionality can leverage IOT-GATE-iMX8 for development and quick proof-of-concept and then make a seamless transition to a fully custom design with the UCM-iMX8M-Mini System-on-Module, while benefiting from proven hardware and existing software stack.
For projects that do not require housing, IOT-GATE-iMX8 is also offered without the enclosure – as SBC-IOT-iMX8.