COMMELL LS-37L – 3.5-INCH INTEL COFFEE LAKE SBC
Commell the worldwide leader of Industrial Single Board Computers, has launched its Intel’s 8th Gen Coffee Lake-based 3.5-inch LS-37L board. This comes after they launched the LV-67X back in August. Just like the LV-67X, the LS-37L board has the same FCLGA1151 socket, that supports up to 6-core, 65W TDP Coffee Lake S-series processors like the 3.1GHz/4.3GHz Core i5-8600. It supports Windows drivers according to the product page, but the user manual says it also supports Linux. The LS-37L has a 0 to 60°C range and enables up to 16GB DDR4 (2666MHz).
It has similar features with the Avalue’s ECM-CFS, but the main difference is the LS-37L’s wide-range 9-25V supply in place of a standard 12V input. The LS-37L is outfitted with more USB and serial headers and includes a PS/2 interface, an RTC with battery, an LCD inverter, and a SIM slot. The LS-37L lacks the Avalue board’s ACPI power management and optional TPM. The LS-37L board offers triple display support, but rather than the dual HDMI ports plus LVDS you are proviusnded with an option of two configurations.
The standard LS-37L model offers an HDMI port, a DisplayPort, and internal DVI, VGA, and LVDS interfaces. The LS-37LT SKU substitutes the DisplayPort with a second VGA or LVDS header. The LS-37L is fitted with 2x GbE, 2x SATA III, 4x USB 3.1, and a RS-232 COM port. Internal I/O features includes 3x RS232/422/485, 2x RS-232, and GPIO. The board provides a mini-PCIe slot with mSATA support. The slot also acts as a support for other mini-PCIe cards, and there’s a SIM slot for wireless. No pricing or availability information is provided for the LS-37L SBC. We hope to get that information soon.
Specifications listed for the LS-37L include:
- Processor — Intel 8th Gen “Coffee Lake” Core, Celeron, and Pentium CPUs up to 65W (FCLGA1151 socket); Intel HD Graphics Gen9 and Intel Q370 chipset
- Memory — Up to 16GB DDR4 (2666MHz) via 1x SODIMM
- Storage — 2x SATA 3.0; mSATA via mini-PCIe
- Display/media: HDMI port DisplayPort (LS-37L) or second VGA or LVDS header (LS-37LT)LVDS, VGA, and DVI headers, LCD inverter Triple-display support, Audio mic-in/line-in and line-out jacks (Realtek ALC262)
- Networking — 2x Gigabit Ethernet ports (Intel I211AT and 1219LM); LM port supports iAMT 12.0
- Other I/O: 4x USB 3.1 ports Gen 2, 4x USB 2.0 headers, 4x RS-232 (includes 1x COM port), 2x RS232/422/485 headers, GPIO, SMBus, PS/2
- Expansion — Mini-PCIe slot (mSATA/PCIe); SIM slot
- Other features — Watchdog; RTC with battery
- Power — 9-25V DC input
- Operating temperatures — 0 to 60°C
- Dimensions — 146 x 101mm (“3.5-inch form factor”)
- Operating system — Windows 10 drivers; supports Linux