BioAmp EXG Pill is a small, powerful Analog Front End (AFE) biopotential signal acquisition board that can be paired with any 5 V Micro Controller Unit (MCU) with an ADC. It is capable of recording publication-quality biopotential signals like ECG, EMG, EOG, and EEG, without the inclusion of any dedicated hardware or software filters.
It’s small size allows easy integration into mobile and space-constrained projects, and it’s powerful noise rejection makes it usable even when the device is close to the AC mains supply. Any 1.5 mm diameter wire can be used as a strain-relieving electrode cable, making BioAmp EXG Pill very cost-effective in comparison to other options.
What Can It Be Used For?
BioAmp EXG Pill is a one-stop solution for researchers, tinkerers, and hobbyists who are looking for novel biopotential amplification. Thus, it can be used for a wide variety of interesting biosensing projects:
- AI-assisted congestive heart failure detection using CNN (ECG)
- Heart Rate Variability calculation for heart ailment detection (ECG)
- Prosthetic arm (servo) controller (EMG)
- Palsy physical therapy quantitative analysis device (EMG)
- Real-time game controller (EOG)
- Controlling LEDs via brain waves (EEG)
- Patient monitoring device
And many more…
Versatile Design Means A Variety Of Applications
The elegant design of this board allows it to be used in 3 ways:
- Pin Header Holes allow you to solder on header pins (berg strip) for easy breadboard use
- Castellated Holes allow you to solder BioAmp EXG Pill directly onto your custom PCB to add biopotential amplification capabilities
- Electrode Holes allow you to use any 1.5 mm diameter wire as electrode cable with minimal strain