A NEW SMARC 2.0 MODULE FROM CONGATEC WITH I.MX 8M NANO PROCESSOR
Congatec is introducing a new CoM, the Conga-SMX8-Nano that offers up to 4x ARM Cortex-A53 and 1x Cortex-M7 core along with 1,000’s of different possible configurations. This SMARC 2.0 module based on NXP i.MX 8M Nano processor series can meet ultra-low-power requirements with high-level performance while being very cost-effective.
Conga-SMX8-Nano module featuring the i.MX8M Nano offers up to 4x 14nm-fabricated Cortex-A53 cores with a boost clock frequency of 1.5GHz. It also has a Vivante GC7000UL 3D/2D GPU with support for OpenGL, OpenCL, and Vulkan. There’s also a powerful 600MHz Cortex-M7. This new module is also rated for 2W TDP.
The default SKU houses 16GB eMMC 5.1 with support to expand to up to 128GB and 2GB LPDDR4 (3200 MT/s) DRAM. The module has a GbE controller with IEEE 1588 support and an optional WiFi/Bluetooth M.2 card. The Conga-SMX8-Nano supports a dual-channel 24-bit LVDS, or alternatively, an optional eDP 1.4 or 4-lane MIPI-DSI interface. There is a single USB 2.0 host or OTG interface and it also supports up to 4x USB 2.0 ports via a hub. The dimension of the module is 82 x 50mm. The standard module has an operating temperature range of 0 to 60°C while being clocked at 1.5GHz, but industrial models back the clock down to 1.4GHz to support -40 to 85°C range.
Other highlighted specifications are MIPI-CSI x2 and x4, up to 3x UART, multiple GPIOs, 2x I2S, and single SDIO 3.0, I2C, and SPI connections. There are many security features like cryptography, RNG, 32KB secure RAM, and High Assurance Boot. The module has a watchdog, JTAG debug, and optional RTC. The company has assured up to 15 years of lifecycle support for this module.
Spec List for Conga-SMX8-Nano:
- Form factor – SMARC 2.0
- CPU – NXP i.MX 8M Nano Quad (4x 1.5GHz ARM Cortex-A53, 1x 750MHz ARM Cortex-M7)
- DRAM – Up to 2 GByte onboard LPDDR4 memory (3200 MT/s)
- Ethernet – 1x Gigabit Ethernet with IEEE 1588 support
- I/O Interfaces –
- 1x USB 2.0 or 1x USB OTG client
- 1x SDIO 3.0
- I²C bus
- SPI up to 3x UART
- GPIOs optional M.2 1216 WiFi/BT module
- Graphics – Integrated into NXP i.MX 8M Nano Series GC 7000UL 3D GPU
- Operating Systems – Linux, Android, Yocto
- Operating Temperature Range –
- Extended Commercial : Operating: 0 to +60°C Storage: -20 to +70°C
- Industrial: Operating: -40 to +85°C Storage: -40 to +85°C
- Humidity – Operating: 10 to 90% r. H. non-cond. / Storage 5 to 95% r. H. non-cond.
- Video Interfaces – 1x dual-channel 24bit LVDS (default), optional eDP 1.4 or MIPI-DSI 4-lanes (shared with LVDS)
- Size – 82 x 50 mm (3,23” x 1,97”)