- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.8V to 60V
- Ultralow Quiescent Current and Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation: IQ = 9µA
- 2A, 60V Power Switch
- Positive or Negative Output Voltage Programming with a Single Feedback Pin
- Programmable Frequency (300kHz to 2MHz)
- Synchronizable to an External Clock
- Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation for Low EMI
- BIAS Pin for Higher Efficiency n Programmable Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Thermally Enhanced 10-lead 3mm × 3mm DFN and 16-lead MSOP packages
The LT®8362 is a current mode DC/DC converter with a 60V, 2A switch operating from a 2.8V to 60V input. With a unique single feedback pin architecture it is capable of boost, SEPIC or inverting configurations. Burst Mode operation consumes as low as 9µA quiescent current to maintain high efficiency at very low output currents, while keeping typical output ripple below 15mV.
An external compensation pin allows optimization of loop bandwidth over a wide range of input and output voltages and programmable switching frequencies between 300kHz and 2MHz. A SYNC/MODE pin allows synchronization to an external clock. It can also be used to select between burst or pulse-skip modes of operation with or without Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation for low EMI. For increased efficiency, a BIAS pin can accept a second input to supply the INTVCC regulator. Additional features include frequency foldback and programmable soft-start to control inductor current during startup.
The LT8362 is available in a thermally enhanced 10-lead 3mm × 3mm DFN package or a thermally enhanced 16-lead MSOP package with four pins removed.
- Industrial and Automotive
- Medical Diagnostic Equipment
- Portable Electronics