650 V HALF-BRIDGE SOI DRIVER FAMILIES WITH INTEGRATED BOOTSTRAP DIODES OFFERS SUPERIOR ROBUSTNESS
Infineon Technologies AG broadens its EiceDRIVER™ portfolio with the 650 V half-bridge gate drivers based on Infineon’s unique silicon on insulator (SOI) technology. The products provide leading negative transient voltage immunity, monolithic integration of a real bootstrap diode, and superior latch-up immunity for MOSFET and IGBT based inverter applications. These unique features enable more robust and reliable designs at reduced BOM cost. The high output current family 2ED218x is tailored for high frequency applications like induction cooking, air conditioning compressors, SMPS, and UPS. The low output current family 2ED210x is targeting home appliances, power tools, motor control and drives, fans and pumps.
2ED218x is the 2.5 A high current EiceDRIVER family, while 2ED210x is the 0.7 A low current family. They include variants with shutdown functionality and separate logic and power ground. The integrated bootstrap diode offers ultra-fast reverse recovery with a typical 30 Ω on-resistance. A negative VS immunity of -100 V with repetitive 300 ns wide pulses provides superior robustness and reliable operation. Additionally, integrated dead-time with cross-conduction logic and independent under-voltage lockout (UVLO) for high and low side voltage supplies support safe operation. The propagation delay of the gate driver family amounts to 200 ns.
- Operating voltages (VS node) up to +650V
- Negative VS transient immunity of 100V
- Integrated ultra-fast, low resistance bootstrap diode, lower the BOM cost
- High and low voltage pins separated for maximum creepage and clearance
- Separate logic and power ground
- Floating channel designed for bootstrap operation
- Maximum supply voltage of 25V
- Independent under voltage lockout (UVLO) for both channels
- 200ns propagation delay
- HIN, LIN input logic
- Logic Operational up to –11V on VS Pin
- Negative Voltage Tolerance On Inputs of –5V
- The floating channel can be used to drive an N-channel MOSFET, SiC MOSFET or IGBT in the high side configuration