TD-USB-02 interface with touchpad sensor board and WinAmp interface using PIC18F2550
TD-USB-02 interface with touchpad sensor board and WinAmp interface.
This is an example USB project showing how to interface a touchpad sensor (the AD7142ACPZ) with a standard XP/Vista computer.
The TD-USB-02 board with a PIC18F2550 communicates with:
- the PC: USB 2.0 through a mini-B connector.
- the touchpad sensor board: SPI over 8-wire flatcable.
- PC WinAmp application controls (start/stop, next/previous track, volume up/down).
Here are the technical specifications:
- PC Win XP/Vista interface application with Visual C# 2008 Express: free download.
- TD-USB-02 (green pcb on top) with PIC18F2550 USB HID setup.
- TouchPad sensor board (047) with AD7142ACPZ.
- USB Bus powered, no external power supply needed.
- Activation of central wheel scrollpad and three buttons from any distance between 2-5mm.
- Works from within a plastic enclosure, thickness up to 3-4mm.
- Two LEDs (right above and under the centre button) blink when a pad is activated.
- Custom command activated by top right button (example: “c:\windows\explorer.exe” )
- TD-USB-02 software is 100% upgradable with a simple RS232 bootloader.
- RS232 interface for raw data readings.
- PCB Dimensions: TD-USB-02 40 x 41 mm or 1″57 x 1″61
These assembled boards are available from our online shop.
Source code (CCS C and Visual C#) can be purchased separately.
Sensor example Source code (CCS C) , sensor board pcb layout and schematics (Eagle) available.
Last update: May 3, 2009.
TouchPad Board (047): Eagle PCB layout: 047_v005.brd – Apr. 24, 2009.
TouchPad Board (047): Eagle Schematics: 047_v005.sch – Apr. 24, 2009.
AD7142ACPZ: CCS c source code: touchpad_v01.c – Apr. 24, 2009.
TD-USB-02:Hex file: 047_v002.hex bootloading for the PIC18f2550 – May 3, 2009.
Windows interface application setup: 047_app_setup.zip – May 3, 2009. Written in Visual C# 2008 Express, compatible with Windows XP and Vista.