IRMimic™ Trainable IR Remote Control Transmitter using pic microcontoller
- Simple to train – Can learn up to 16 IR commands, and each can be in a different format/protocol
- Two different operating modes – Keypad or MCU interface
- LED indicator output – Indicates training is complete
- Small size – 18 pin DIP IC
- Chip operates from 3-5 volts DC
- Standby mode permits battery operation
- Can learn many different IR remote control protocols. Not limited to a few specific ones.
- In keypad mode, most remote control commands are repeated if key is held down.
- Kit w/pc board available for easy implementation. (All through-hole components for easy assembly.)
Add IR remote control of other equipment to your next project.
With IRMimic, just apply power, train the chip with the IR remote control commands you want to generate, and you’re ready to go. Command patterns are safely stored in internal non-volatile memory. IRMimic can be re-trained many times if needed.
IRMimic can learn up to sixteen different remote control commands, each in a different format, if needed.
In keypad mode, up to 16 pushbutton switches, plus the “Learn” switch, can be connected. Each key controls a different command.
You can also control IRMimic with your favorite microcontroller, using MCU mode. Just provide 4 code select inputs, a learn input, and a send input.
Based on an 18-pin Microchip® PIC 16LF87 CMOS microcontroller with EEPROM, IRMimic has been developed to work with most modern IR remote controls and accompanying equipment. It supports bi-phase, pulse width, and pulse position encoding techniques, as well as others.
Chip only – $9.95 (plus small per-order S&H fee)
(programmed, with code protect bit set)
Please download IRMimic chip data sheet. Also, please take a look at the schematic for the IRMimic pc board and the sample application schematics.
For more detail: IRMimic™ Trainable IR Remote Control Transmitter