This versatile embedded single board computer hits on all the main points for a low power, cost-effective, Internet-of-Things (IoT) capable, and ready-to-deploy OEM board with an emphasis on data integrity.
The TS-7553-V2 offers the ability to communicate seamlessly with several different networks simultaneously from a single device. Using the onboard peripherals the system can connect to Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB, RS-232, RS-485, and CAN networks or devices. Built-in module interfaces like the XBee/NimbeLink socket and internal USB ports allow expansion to other networks like Cellular, DigiMesh, ZigBee, Lora, and other proprietary or industry-specific networks. This ability to communicate over a wide variety of wired and wireless interfaces puts the TS-7553-V2 in an excellent position to be an IoT node or gateway.
A Nine-Axis Micro-Electro-Mechanical System (MEMS) motion tracking device containing a gyroscope, accelerometer, and compass is an onboard option for asset management, fleet management, and other applications which would require sensing motion or vibration in the environment.
The TS-7553-V2 is also well suited for applications which require a simple HMI interface. With an off the shelf, low-cost enclosure that can include a backlit monochrome 128x64px LCD and four button keypad it is easy to create interactive menus for the user. An optional DIN mount makes it easy to mount to DIN rails for a fast off-the-shelf solution.
Applications with strict low power requirements will appreciate the work that’s been done to reduce power consumption to less than 2 W in typical conditions and a 9 mW sleep mode. Power over Ethernet (PoE) is supported via a daughter card if desired.
- Connected with Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, XBee/NimbeLink, and USB radios
- Robust TS-SILO Option Provides up to 30 Seconds of Hold up Power
- Flexible Data Storage: FRAM, eMMC Flash, microSD
- Extendable with Daughter Board Enabling Cell Modem and PoE Cards
The TS-7553-V2 single board computer features:
- NXP i.MX6UL 698MHz ARM Cortex-A7 CPU
- 512 MB DDR3 RAM
- 4 GB MLC eMMC Flash, configurable as pSLC for added reliability
- 2x CAN Bus
- 1x RS-485
- 4x RS-232
- 1x TTL UART
- 1x Relay
- 1x XBee Interface (can support NimbleLink cell modem and XBee)
- 1x Cellular Modem
- 1x Wireless and Bluetooth Module
- 3x USB Host Ports, 1x External, 1x Internal, 1x XBee Socket
- Dedicated console via USB Type B connector
- 1x Nine-Axis (Gyro + Accelerometer + Compass) MEMS MotionTracking Device
Software features include:
- U-Boot bootloader
- Linux Kernel 4.1.15
- Debian Jessie distribution support
- Many programming languages supported (C, C++, Python, node.js, etc.)
- Source code examples available
- Buildroot (specifically 2018.02)
- Linux GUI development using QT, GTK, and more