Displaying text on LCD by interfaced with PIC16F877 microcontroller in 4 bit mode
Here I discuss on very good and simple project on displaying text on LCD by interfaced with PIC16F877 microcontroller in 4 bit mode.to start with this project you need some Knowledge on how to start project on PIC micro controller I assumed you know that if not please you should visit my previous post
Now to start with displaying text on LCD by interfaced with PIC16F877 microcontroller in 4 bit mode, we need support of
- 1 Proteus 7 Professional (where we Make your hardware arrangement our project and simulate it to see the result)
- 2 Mikcro C. (here we write the Embedded C Program and build the hex file of that)
So for making any microcontroller based program you need to build the hardware interfacing first then you can define your interfaced port in programming.
So we start with Proteus 7 Professional
To build Displaying text on LCD by interfaced with PIC16F877 microcontroller in 4 bit mode, we need to add some device in proteus. Those are
- 1) Crystal
- 2) Pic16f877
- 3) LM016L ( LCD display)
Now how to add, make the interfacing and to see the result of our project how it simulates? see my video in below where I show you step by step.
Now in programing portion let see in MiKcro C see what we have to do?
Look from circuit in proteus we can see that we use Port D of PIC16F877 for interfacing with LM016L LCD display board. So we have to make Port d as out port and also we have to initialize port d for LCD. So we use some command to make our project those are
- TRIS ( for defining Port as In/Out Port)
- LCD_init (for initializing port of microcontroller);
- LCD_CLEAR ( we use this for clear the lcd screen)
- LCD_CURSOR_OFF (to off the cursor of lcd)
- LCD_out (To out data from micro controller to lcd)
We recommend EasyEDA for electronic circuit design.
From Schematic to PCB Production, Just Need One Tool
Free Circuit Design Software: learn to use Editor quickly and easily
Cheapest PCB: 10pcs 2-layers 10cm×10cm only $8.21, 3-day build time, 100% E-test