PYBOARD D SERIES MICROPYTHON BOARD FEATURES STM32F7 MCU, WIFI AND BLUETOOTH
Pyboard D-series (aka Pyboard D, or just PyBD) board was introduced during the Micropython presentation at FOSDEM 2019 and it’s build around a faster STM32F7 Cortex-M7 MCU, with 512Kb of RAM, and 2Mb of Flash, as well as built-in WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. It also features a pair of external Flash chips and a micro SD card slot for additional expansion options.
The board can be programmed with MicroPython either from the command line, copying the Python file to the board (seen as a USB flash drive from your computer), or via WiFi using WebREPL terminal client.
If you are not sure, what MicroPython is, continue reading. MicroPython is a lightweight version of Python 3 optimized to run on microcontrollers, which is described as a ByteCode + virtual machine + file system compiler for the BareMetal OS implemented on the microcontroller.
Pyboard D Preliminary Specifications:
- MCU – STMicro STM32F7xx Arm Cortex M7 microcontroller at 216 MHz with 512KB RAM, 2MB flash
- Storage – micro SD card slot, and 2x external flash chips
- Connectivity – WiFi & Bluetooth with on-board antenna and u.FL antenna connector
- USB – 1x micro USB port for power, flash disk access, and USB to serial debugging/programming
- 2.54mm pitch through holes for 16x GPIOs
- 1.27mm pitch castellated and through holes for 32x GPIOs
- 2x 40-pin WBUS connectors for a total of 59 GPIOs
- Misc – User and reset buttons, RGB LED, clock
- Dimensions – TBD
The WBUS connectors are also a new feature and will allow you to stack add-ons boards. For example the WBUS DIP28 or DIP68 boards are exposing respectively 28 and 68 I/O pins, and they can take one or more sensor board(s) via other smaller 2x 10-pin sensor board connectors.
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 (For Any Color)
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 600,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Daily
How to Get PCB Cash Coupon from JLCPCB: https://bit.ly/2GMCH9w