50 SEGMENT SERIAL BAR-GRAPH DISPLAY DRIVER
The serial controlled 50 Segment Bar-Graph Display built using CAT4016 IC. Very useful projects for development Bar-Graph based, Temperature Meter, Interactive Games, Voltage Display, Current Display., Pressure Sensor, Magnetic field meter and PH Meter. Tilt meter, LUX meter.
The CAT4016 is a 16 channel constant current driver for LED billboard and other general display applications. LED channel currents are programmed together via an external RSET resistor. Low output voltage operation on the LED channels as low as 0.4 V (for 2 to 100 mA LED current) allows for more power efficient designs. A high−speed 4−wire serial interface of up to 25 MHz clock frequency controls each individual channel using a shift register and latch configuration.
A serial output data pin (SOUT) allows multiple display board to be cascaded and programmed via one serial interface. The device also includes a blanking control pin (BLANK) that can be used to disable all channels independently of the interface. Thermal shutdown protection is incorporated in the device to disable the LED outputs if the die temperature exceeds a set limit.
- Supply 5V DC
- Current consumption depend on Current Resistors R1, R2, R3, R4
- R1, R2, R3, R4 provided to set the LED current (Refer Data sheet for appropriate Resistor Value)
- CN1 6 Pin Header connector for serial input and supply input (Micro-Controller Interface)
- CN2 6 Pin Header connector for serial output, which allows multiple display modules to be cascaded
- 20 Pin 10 Segment Each X Red LED Display
for mor detail:50 SEGMENT SERIAL BAR-GRAPH DISPLAY DRIVER