Memtype: Open Source Password Keeper
On the top image you can see the first Memtype prototype next to the first version. The prototype was done using a Digispark board and was modified to insert a 4 way switch. On the bottom, the latest (OSHPark made) version with SMD joystick and two LED is shown.
- Encrypted storage using NOEKEON implemented in ASM! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOEKEON
- PIN Lock, unlock it when connected! no one can use it if lost!
- Store not only the password but also the user! it types it all for you jumping from one field to another!
- Why stop there? store also the command and it’ll type it for you! let it type the long “ssh [email protected] -p port” command for you or anything else! You can add waits so it types everything at the right time with ASCII SYN chars.
- Enumerates as a HID, no need for drivers, it’ll work on any device with USB.
- Dynamic storage, so you’re not limited to a fixed password length, just fill the 2K flash reserved for credential storage with anything you want 🙂
- Assign names to your stored user/password/commands so you can find them fast and easy.
- Easy command line tool to manage all your keys, make backups in xml, copy it to another device for some other user with access to the same services for example.
- Easy to generate keymaps, edit the example file and generate the one for your keyboard map and language.
- RED and GREEN leds two know device status LOCKED / UNLOCKED.
- Open Source Hardware and Software.
- Mac, Linux and Windows support for the command line tool.
After some work the MemType management GUI is fully functional! Now it’s easier to add new credentials to the device or edit them! also changing the PIN or the keyboard layout as well as exporting to files and importing from them!
Hope you find it useful!
For more detail: Memtype: Open Source Password Keeper