LT3089 – 800mA Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- Extended Safe Operating Area
- Maximum Output Current: 800mA
- Stable with or without Input/Output Capacitors
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.2V to 36V
- Single Resistor Sets Output Voltage
- Output Current Monitor: IMON = IOUT/5000
- Junction Temperature Monitor: 1μA/°C
- Output Adjustable to 0V
- 50μA SET Pin Current: 1% Initial Accuracy
- Output Voltage Noise: 27μVRMS
- Parallel Multiple Devices for Higher Current or Heat Spreading
- Programmable Current Limit
- Reverse-Battery and Reverse-Current Protection
- <1mV Load Regulation Typical Independent of VOUT
- <0.001%/V Line Regulation Typical
- Available in Thermally-Enhanced 12-Lead 4mm × 4mm DFN, 16-Lead TSSOP, and 7-Lead DD-Pak
The LT®3089 is an 800mA low dropout linear regulator designed for rugged industrial applications. Key features of the IC are the extended safe operating area (SOA), output current monitor, temperature monitor and programmable current limit. The LT3089 can be paralleled for higher output current or heat spreading. The device withstands reverse input and reverse output-to-input voltages without reverse current flow.
The LT3089’s precision 50μA reference current source allows a single resistor to program output voltage to any level between zero and 34.5V. The current reference architecture enables load regulation to be independent of output voltage. The LT3089 is stable with or without input and output capacitors.
The output current monitor (IOUT/5000) and die junction temperature output (1μA/°C) provide system monitoring and debug capability. In addition, a single resistor programs current limit.
Internal protection circuitry includes reverse-battery and reverse-current protection, current limiting and thermal limiting. The LT3089 is offered in the 12-lead 4mm × 4mm DFN and 16-lead TSSOP (both with exposed pad for improved thermal performance), and 7-lead DD-Pak power package.
- All Surface Mount Power Supply
- Rugged Industrial Power Supply
- Post Regulator for Switching Supplies
- Low Output Voltage Supply
- Intrinsic Safety Applications
For more detail: LT3089 – 800mA Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
EasyEDA: Ideas for Circuit Design, Innovation for Electronics Access
Free Circuit Design: Schematic – Simulation – PCB Layout – Gerber Viewer
JLCPCB Prototype: Only $2 for 10pcs 10×10cm, 24 hours Quick Turn, DHL Delivery in 3 days