Simplest Temperature Data Logger using PIC12F683
There are varieties of digital temperature logger projects available online based on different microcontrollers. The one I am going to talk about is based on a Microchip’s 8-pin microcontroller, PIC12F683. It reads temperature values from a DS1820 digital sensor and stores in its internal EEPROM. PIC12F683 has 256 bytes of internal EEPROM and we are going to store the temperature values in 8-bit format. This means only the eight most significant bits of temperature data from DS1820 will be read and as such the temperature resolution will be of 1 degree C.
My temperature logger has following features:
- Reads temperature from a DS1820 sensor and stores in the internal EEPROM locations.
- Can store up to 254 temperature values. EEPROM location 0 is used to store the sampling interval, and location 1 is used to store the number of records.
- Three sampling interval options: 1 sec, 1 min, and 10 min. This can be selected during powering up.
- Start and Stop buttons for control operations.
- The recorded temperature values can be sent to PC through a serial port. A separate Send button is available to initiate data transfer.
- A LED to indicate various ongoing operations.
- Reset button to clear all previous records.
We recommend EasyEDA for electronic circuit design.
From Schematic to PCB Production, Just Need One Tool
Free Circuit Design Software: learn to use Editor quickly and easily
Cheapest PCB: 10pcs 2-layers 10cm×10cm only $8.21, 3-day build time, 100% E-test
Current Project / Post can also be found using:
- how to measure temperature with pic and micro c with data logger
- PROJECT TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT AND RECORDING USE MICROCONTROLLER
- Digital clock with automatic alarm and temperature monitor using pic pdf
- pic12f683 based data logger