Object Detecting Android Mobile Phone Controlled Bluetooth Robot Using PIC Microcontroller 16F877A
Last time we had a project on Arduino robots with Bluetooth and Android, and in that one our readers Mr. Paul asked how he can make an obstacle avoidance robot. So today I came up with another engineering project for electronics and communication students, Android and Bluetooth controlled robot using PIC Microcontroller with object detecting capability.
After installing MikroElectron’s Robot Control App from Play Store you should be able to control the robot with your android phone/ tablet over bluetooth signal. The eye catching feature of this project is the ‘objects detection’ capability with the help of Ultrasonic sensor, so you don’t have to worry about the robot hitting any object or wall in front of it. Robot will navigate safely without touching any obstacles. Moreover it will make beep sounds if any obstacle is found and a LCD screen is used to display distance to the specified object.
Speaking about the hardware, I’ve used PIC16F877A to control the robot, ultrasonic sensor will generate ultrasonic pulses to detect objects and calculate the distance, LCD screen to display distance, HC-06 / HC-05 Bluetooth module for communicating to Robot wirelessly.
Components for Android Robot
- L293D IC
- 7805 IC
- LCD 16×2
- Ultrasonic Sensor HC-SR04
- Crystal 20MHz
- Transistor BC548
- Resistor (10Kx2, 1Kx2)
- Capacitor (33pfx2, 10uF/16V)
- DC gear motor (100 rpm x 2)
- Robot frame and wheels
Circuit Diagram of Bluetooth Controlled Robot
Working of Obstacle avoidance robot
For simplicity let’s consider this project having 2 parts- Bluetooth navigation section and object detection section.
Bluetooth Wireless Navigation
- HC-06 / HC-05 Bluetooth module is used to receive data from android based device.
- After pairing (connecting) the Bluetooth module with android phone or tablet, open the application and connect to the paired device HC-06 or HC-05.
- Android application will send letters ‘F’, ‘B’, ‘R’ and ‘L’ to move robot forward, backward, right and left respectively.
- These are received by the Bluetooth receiver, those letters are available in TX pin of HC-06..
For All Your PCB Need, One-stop PCB Solution Services Appear:
EasyEDA: free PCB design tool, 200,000+ engineers are using
PCBs: 10pcs 2-layer 10x10cm only $8.21, on-time global shipping
Components: save 50% on cost, save on freight if shipped with ordered PCBs
Current Project / Post can also be found using:
- obstacle avaidance robot witg bluetooth control
- obstacle avaidance robot witg bluetooth control circuit diagram
- pic 18f4520 based robotics project
- bluetooth program in pic