Low cost LCD module interface with optional LED backlight using PIC18F452
Here are the technical specifications:
- LCD resolution: 128 x 64 pixels
- LCD manufacturer: DisplayTech.
- LCD model 1: 64128COG-FA-BC (no backlight)
- LCD model 2: 64128G-FC-BW-3 (white LED backlight)
- On-glass lcd controller KS0713, with 30 pins connector.
- Very low power operation (less than 1mA @3V)
- Fast serial interface (only 8 wires needed)
- Molex miniature connector.
- LCD: dimensions: 56 x 41 mm
- PCB interface: Dimensions: 44 x 18 mm
These two LCD modules can be bought in our online shop. You’ll need the interface described below and a PIC microcontroller to get these LCD modules running.
PIC example Source code (CCS C) , pcb layout and schematics (Eagle) available. Last update: March 24, 2007.
PIC software example: routines
|LCD initialization||dt_lcd_init();||init parameters needed after power on|
|Clear screen||dt_lcd_clear_screen();||resets all pixels, needed after power on|
|Cursor position set||dt_lcd_gotoxy(0,5);||goto cursur location x= 0..127 PIXEL COLUMNS // y= 0..7 CHAR. ROWS|
|Write text to LCD||printf(dt_lcd_printchar,” DisplayTech LCD”);||show simple unformatted text|
Downloads: right-click & save as
Interface: Eagle PCB layout: 042 – 004.brd – March 24, 2007.
Interface: Eagle Schematics: 042 – 004.sch – March 24, 2007.
PIC CCS example: source code: 042_v01.zip for 18f452 @ 20MhZ – March 24, 2007.
PIC CCS example:Hex file: 042_v01.hex for 18f452 @ 20MhZ – March 24, 2007.
From Schematic to PCB Production, Just Need One Tool
Free Circuit Design Software: learn to use Editor quickly and easily
Cheapest PCB: 10pcs 2-layers 10cm×10cm only $8.21, 3-day build time, 100% E-test
Current Project / Post can also be found using:
- lcd based projects in pic
- two dice miniproject in PIC