Lantronix Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX) a global provider of Software as a Service (SaaS), engineering services and hardware for Edge Computing, the Internet of Things (IoT) and Remote Environment Management (REM), today announced its new Open-Q™ 865XR System on Module (SOM) solution for IoT applications. With the Open-Q 865XR SOM, Lantronix is leading the way to next-gen intelligent Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality (AR/VR) applications in AI machine learning, medical, gaming, logistics and retail sectors.
Our new Open-Q 865XR SOM gives product developers AR/VR capability at the edge, powerful general processing capability and professional-quality imaging needed to kickstart IoT application development,” said Jonathan Shipman, VP of Strategy at Lantronix Inc.
Lantronix’s Open-Q 865XR SOM is an ultra-compact (50mm x 29mm) production-ready SOM powered by the Qualcomm® SXR2130P that utilizes Qualcomm® Technologies’ heterogeneous compute expertise to deliver a System-on-Chip with multiple specialized processing cores, in addition to the Kryo™ 585 Octa-core CPU, including:
- 5th generation AI engine — twice the performance of the previous generation with up to 15 TOPS
- Dual Qualcomm® Spectra 480 ISP — supporting up to 64MP cameras
- Qualcomm® Adreno 650 GPU — high performance graphics with power efficiency
- Qualcomm® Hexagon 698 DSP — vision processing and machine learning
- Adreno 665 VPU — high-quality, ultra HD video encode and decode
Read more: LANTRONIX ANNOUNCES ULTRA-COMPACT OPEN-Q 865XR SYSTEM ON MODULE (SOM) TO POWER IOT