Fastest 18-Bit SAR ADC unveiled
The AD7960 is an 18-bit, 5 MSPS charge redistribution successive approximation (SAR), analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The SAR architecture allows unmatched performance both in noise and in linearity. The AD7960 contains a low power, high speed, 18-bit sampling ADC, an internal conversion clock and an internal reference buffer. On the CNV± edge, the AD7960 samples the voltage difference between the IN+ and IN− pins. The voltages on these pins swing in opposite phase between 0 V and 4.096 V/5 V. The reference voltage is applied to the part externally. All conversion results are available on a single LVDS self-clocked or echo-clocked serial interface.
The AD7960 is available in a 32-lead LFCSP (QFN) with operation specified from −40°C to +85°C.
- Digital imaging systems
- MRI gradient control
- High speed data acquisition
- Test equipment
FEATURES and BENEFITS
- Throughput: 5 MSPS
- 18-bit resolution with no missing codes
- SNR 99 dB
- INL +/-0.8 LSB
- DNL +/-0.5 LSB
- True differential analog input voltage range: ±4.096 V or ±5 V
- Low power dissipation (39 mW)
- SAR architecture
- External reference options
- Serial LVDS interface
- 32-lead, 5mm × 5mm LFCSP (QFN)
- See datasheet for more details
Analog Devices is claiming a first, with an 18bit successive approximation (SAR) ADC that can hit 5Msample/s – said to be twice as fast as anyone else’s.
“With its industry leading throughput, best-in-class noise floor and high linearity, the AD7960 was designed for low-power signal chains, multiplexed systems such as digital X-ray, and oversampling applications including spectroscopy, MRI gradient control and gas chromatography,” said the firm.
The figures are:
- 22.4nV/√Hz noise floor relative to its full scale input
- +/-0.8 LSB INL dc linearity
- 99dB signal to noise ratio.
- 39mW consumption at 5Msample/s.
– See more at: http://www.electronicsweekly.com/news/components/analogue-and-discretes/fastest-18-bit-sar-adc-unveiled-2013-09/#sthash.VhuCfEEJ.dpuf
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 + 2 days Lead Time
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 300,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Per Day
Inside a huge PCB factory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XCznQFV-Mw