Basic PIC circuit is not working
I have just begun in the world of micro-controllers, and the first micro-controller. I chose to work with was the PIC from Microchip. The PIC I am using is the PIC16F877A. I am using MPLAP IDE and HI-TECH C. I am trying to make an extremely simple program that turns on an LED. This is the code I am using:
When I hookup the PIC to my circuit the LED does not turn on.
A few other notes about my circuit:
- I am using a 9 volt battery hooked up to a 7805 regulator for the power supply
- I have measured the voltage coming from pin RB0 with a multimeter and it measures 0.0V.
- If there is no problem with my circuit I could have programmed the chip wrong
- My capacitors hooked up with my crystal are 22pf not 22uf
- I have put 100uf capacitors between pins 11 and 12 and between 31 and 32
For more detail: Basic PIC circuit is not working
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 + 2 days Lead Time
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 300,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Per Day
Inside a huge PCB factory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XCznQFV-Mw