Auto intensity control of street lights using pic microcontroller
Auto intensity control of street lights using pic microcontroller, In this article you will learn how auto intensity control system of street lights works? How to control intensity of street lights? What is the purpose of automatic intensity control of street lights? How you can design this project very easily using simple electronic components and pic16f877a microcontroller. Let’s start with basic introduction of auto intensity control of street lights.
Auto intensity control of street lights :
Basic purpose of this project is to make street lights intelligent so that it can turn it on and off itself. Another feature of this project is that street lights intensity vary according to intensity of light and number of vehicles on road. Followings are the main features of this project :
- Street lights turns itself on automatically during night or darkness. They turn themself off automatically during day time and during visible intensity of light.
- Street lights controls its intensity automatically according to intensity of light. For example in evening intensity of light start decreasing at the same time street lights start increasing its intensity. When there is no intensity of light in after evening, street lights turn themself on with full intensity till midnight at 12:00 am.
- There is another feature included in this project that is vehicle detection. Infrared sensor circuit is used to detect vehicles on road. After 12:00am street lights start decreasing their intensity. At 1:00am street lights turn off automatically. After 1:00 am function of vehicle detection starts. If there is any vehicle on road after 1:00am, street lights turns on for 2 minutes. After that they turn off automatically. In other words, After 1:00am street lights turn on only if there is any vehicle on road. Otherwise they remain off. This process remains till morning. But after having visible intensity of light during moring street lights turn off automatically.
Advantages of automatic intensity control of street lights :
As it name suggest suggests it makes use of street lights very easy. Some of the main advantages of them are given below:
- No need to control street lights manually.
- Electrical power saving.
- Increases life time of street lights.
- intelligent street lights.
- vehicle detection.
Circuit diagram description :
Followings are the main components of auto intensity control of street lights. I have explained all these components and their functions briefly.
DS1307 real time clcok:
DS1307 real time clock is use to keep information of time during day and night. Time is used to control intensity of light and its turn on and turn off ability after 12:00 am. So real time clock ds1307 is interfaced with pic microcontroler to keep information of real time.
Light dependent resistor ( LDR) :
Light dependent resistor is a kind of light sensor which is used to measure intensity of light. LDR is interfaced with pic16f877a microcontroller to measure intensity of light. This measured intensity of light is used to control street lights and their intensity.
Infrared sensor :
Infrared sensor is a combination of infrared transmitter and receiver. This is used for detection of vehicles after 1:00 am. If there is any vehicle on road after 1:00am, street lights turns on automatically for 2 minutes otherwise remain off. I have already explained the main function of infrared sensor circuit for this project.
Light crystal display :
LCD ( liquid crystal display ) is used to display time and status of street lights. If street lights are on, LCD will display street lights are on, otherwise it display street lights are off.
Circuit diagram :
complete circuit diagram of auto intensity control of street lights is given below :
I have already explained this circuit diagram above, But if you still have any issue about it, you can wrie in comments.
Code for this project is written in Mikro C for pic. Complete C code for auto intensity control of street lights is given below :
// LCD module connections
sbit LCD_RS at RB2_bit;
sbit LCD_EN at RB3_bit;
sbit LCD_D4 at RB4_bit;
sbit LCD_D5 at RB5_bit;
sbit LCD_D6 at RB6_bit;
sbit LCD_D7 at RB7_bit;
For more detail: Auto intensity control of street lights using pic microcontroller
EasyEDA: Ideas for Circuit Design, Innovation for Electronics Access
Free Circuit Design: Schematic – Simulation – PCB Layout – Gerber Viewer
Cheapest PCB Prototype: Only $2 for 10pcs 10×10cm PCBs, 24 hours Quick Turn, DHL Delivery in 3 Days
Current Project / Post can also be found using:
- auto intensity control of street lights source code
- auto intensity control of street lights using pic microcontroller
- Auto intensity control of street light program
- automatic street light using pic 18f4550