Analogue TV still huge for chip makers
- Worldwide TV tuner
- Analog TV: NTSC, PAL/SECAM
- Digital TV: ATSC/QAM, DVBT2/T/C2/C, ISDB-T/C, DTMB
- 42-1002 MHz frequency range (Si2178/58/48/38)
- Analog TV demodulator (Si2178/38)
- Superior video SNR performance
- Overmodulation and ICPM tolerant
- Industry-leading margin to A/74, NorDig, DTG, ARIB, EN55020, OpenCable™
- Lowest BOM for a TV tuner
- No balun at RF input
- Integrated tracking filters requiring no external inductors or SAW filters
- Increased ESD protection
- Best-in-class real-world reception
- Exceeds MOPLL-based tuners
- Lowest phase noise
- High Wi-Fi and LTE immunity
Silicon Labs showed continuing support for analogue TV standards, as it announced a family of hybrid TV tuners.
The family covers just about every combination of digital reception, analogue reception, and analogue demodulation – all in the same pin-compatible 4x4mm QFN-28.
“Although a few countries have successfully switched to digital-only broadcasts, more than 95% of today’s TVs must continue to support analogue broadcast reception,” said SiLabs. “In addition, analogue-only TVs prevalent in China, India and Southeast Asia represent about 20% of the global TV market. For these regions, analogue TV tuners often require a high tolerance to non-standard analogue TV signal conditions.
There is close competition in the TV tuner market between SiLabs, NXP, MaxLinear and Sony.
For more read: Analogue TV still huge for chip makers
EasyEDA: Ideas for Circuit Design, Innovation for Electronics Access
Free Circuit Design: Schematic – Simulation – PCB Layout – Gerber Viewer
JLCPCB Prototype: Only $2 for 10pcs 10×10cm, 24 hours Quick Turn, DHL Delivery in 3 days